Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A day that will live in infamy

I have an anouncement to make. Which I has being a long time coming, but I supose it was going to happen eventuly... I know this is just my opinion but it has to be said...



As of this evening.
The Simpsons has jumped the shark.

for those unfamiliar with the term.
jump the shark:(verb/ adjctive), for a television series/ movie franchise/ and form of popular culture reaches that one difinitive point where you know that you know that it is all down hill from there.
Based on a scene from happy days when Fonzy jumped over a shark on water skis.
These people can explain it better.
http://www.jumptheshark.com/
Best example: Scooby Doo

But back to my point tonight I saw them trying to cram too many jokes into one episode ending without resolving the plot like they do so very well.
Frankly it is saddening but not suprising, there must be some kind of universal law that states every series has a mathmaticaly definable half life

In fact I have being working on a formula in the time it took me to write this


time left = (number of main characters* (sum of series character's introduction) / ( main actors^B(or lower) grade actors sed )
number of movies made^ (musical numbers performed by the chracters +'celebraty' cameos)


yes it has some flaws but damnit Jim, I'm a blagger not a mathmatician.

What am I listening to: Guns 'n Roses; Sympathy for the Devil.
Boredom rating: 6/10
Employment status: unimployed = (

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* sure you're one of the most wonderful people to walk the earth but if you don't do something about that spelling, matey, then I MAY have to send a minion after you with a shovel.
Yeah- all American comedy in one way or another hits an all time low. It's not JUST the English accents that keep me hooked on Brit Comedy. But honestly babe- The Simpsons has for quite a while been try-hard and somewhat (pretentious isn't quite the right word) vain in the way it's laid out. But it has it's moments- you can give it that.
~xxx

9:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home